Now how you proceed for court marriage in Pakistan?
Pakistani Constitution has given Right of Liberty to choose a person to marry with. We at PK-Legal support the youth so that their desires should be fulfilled through Court Marriage. Some other reasons are also responsible for rise of court marriage for example the late marriages, rise in education level and increased contact among the members of opposite sex etc.
Now a days, rise in education level has changed the way of life in Pakistan but still our society is conservative on this particular issue of court marriage. Parents also treats their child as a property of their family rather than a living person.
Due to rise in court marriage trends the incidents of honor killing are also increasing so it’s utmost important that life and liberty of the court marriage couple should be protected by state. So at last not least grownups having age of marriage can fulfill their wish of marriage with their free will through court marriage by adopting the legal procedure. The work not stop at solemnization of court marriage, it’s more important that the couple performing court marriage should be protected also, so that they can enjoy there right of court marriage conferred to them by the Constitution of Pakistan.
- Both should have valid CNIC, in case if non-availability of CNIC, passport or Matriculation certificate or Form B can also be used.
- There should be two marriage witnesses, in case you are unable to manage, we can help with that as well.
- Six passport size photos of the bride.
- Free will affidavit from Girl’s side.
- In case of 2nd marriage, a valid Divorce Certificate or Death Certificate of deceased partner.